Sunday 17 July 2011

Introduction:V8Miata

My name is Johnymachince, I've been building cars since I was 14 years old.  I build my own motors, transmissions, and paint my own cars.  I'm extremely miticulous and a huge ford fan.   My current project is a 1995 Burgundy M Edition  Mazda Miata, that I personally picked up in Fontana Ca.  It had 38,000 miles on it, one owner, and never been driven in the rain when I picked it up. (Two years later, it now has 76,000 miles) So far, it has taken me two years to gather all the parts for me to put the V8 in the miata.  The motor started out as a 1968 302 Mexican block which I had sent to the machine shop to have it four bolt billet main caps installed and all the machining.  The machine shop had all the parts one year to the date for balancing, boring, honing...too much to list.  I got all the parts back and started my assembly of the motor.  It has been bored and stroked to 354.  I picked this bore and stroke because I like the numbers.  Kind of a like a 454 chevy, but it's a 354 ford.  I've made an endless amount of custom parts for this motor.  This is my first blog and my first V8Miata and there's more info to come. My next update will the be the engine dyno session.  I will give you guys the horsepower and torque.

No comments:

Post a Comment